Thursday, September 6, 2007

too early to be up

It's Thursday, the day of my first book reading, tonight, 7pm, Book Soup, W. Hollywood, and I've been up since 6am... fretting. Nothing serious, just what I'm going to read tonight (rehearsing it, rehashing it), what time I have to leave to get there, whether I have to stop and pick up ice on the way or flowers, maybe, to make the space a bit cozier, whether Dan, a friend who I think has agreed to play bartender, will drive with me, what else I have to do today, print out the cocktail recipe, follow up with the various alumni publications I've contacted about printing something about me and the bookstores where I've dropped off a press release to see if they've ordered the book, make sure the reading info is on MySpace, Friendster, Facebook... There are so many other things, small things, not a big deal, but they've got me up at 6am... fretting. This is much too early for me to get up. Six hours just doesn't cut it, which means I'll need a nap at some point. And I've got to do yoga. So, yoga, lunch, nap, and everything on the to-do list has to happen pre-11:25 yoga.

It's cooled down a lot today, I'm actually wearing a sweater. Oh, I'm so tired and lazy I don't feel like walking into the other room to get my vitamins. Wait, there are enough lying around my desk that I don't have to... score. My desk has never been in such disarray ever. It's embarrassing, I don't even know where to start. That's my first task today: Clean desk. Then: Make a list. Then I'll be able to face the world. Or maybe I'll just go back to bed.

No comments: